Lubo has combined the advantages of the star screen and the drum separator in one model, in which the disadvantages of both the star screen and the drum separator are eliminated.
The patented screen deck does not wrap, but does have the high output and aggressive agitation, preventing the smaller parts from sticking to the larger parts. In addition the larger parts are not been rotated, like the way they are in a drum separator, to a sausage, this results in a better performance of the following sorting steps.
Lubo Anti-Wrapping StarScreen
Advantages of the Anti Wrapping StarScreen®:
- No wrapping of film, tape or textile.
- High throughput: material is distributed in a thin layer over the screen deck.
- High purity because of aggressive agitation.
- An additional advantage is the fine dispersion of the material and the loosening of the fraction, making the overs easier and better to sort in the following sorting process. There is, in contrast to sorting with a drum separator, no sausage formation.
- Strong reduction of the required shredder capacity by pre-sorting of the material.
- All unders of the AWS screen can be screened with existing star screen technology without wrapping at at least 5 mm.
- Because of the modular construction of the screen (1 module is 1.5 meters) the AWS screen can be built in almost every existing situation.) Strong schredder capacity reduction by pre-sorting the material.
- The screen will not jam because of hard materials in the fraction due to the flexibility of the rubber stars.
- The shafts are very suitable to use into existing StarScreens® which were originally intended for other materials, such as construction and demolition material, but which are now also used for industrial waste, due to the lack of volumes.
- Low energie consumption.
- Standard use of highquality parts such as shafts, bearings, drives and motors.
- The patented disc Lubo quick connect system is standard. This system allows fast change of star shafts without dismounting of bearings, gears and sprockets.
- Due to the frequency controlled range of speeds, the sorting size can be easily adjusted (within certain limits)
- Ballistic function by putting the AWS screen at an angle.
- Elimination of conveyors. The modular system allows several fractions to be screened in one line.
The Lubo Anti Wrapping StarScreen® is available as stationary, semi-mobile or mobile solution.