Bollegraaf Recycling Solutions is seeking a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer to join our multidisciplinary R&D team.
Location: Appingedam, NL
Are you passionate about AI and Deep Learning? Do you like to work in an environment that is committed to sustainability and innovation? Then this job opportunity is perfect for you! You will work on advanced optimization devices that are being used in waste recycling facilities worldwide.
- Lead research to advance the science and technology of optical waste sorting machines and dynamical systems optimization.
- Design, develop and deploy state-of-the-art machine learning backend services for automated waste sorting.
- Work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning fundamentals.
- Experience working with ML frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch or Scikit-learn).
- Experience with Deep Learning.
- 2+ years working experience.
- Experience with computer vision.
- Experience with processing stream and image data.
- Experience with scalable data processing and dashboarding real-time data.
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Experience with scalable production ML systems (MLOps, data/model life cycle management, monitoring).
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD (git), Grafana.
- Experience programming in C++.
What do we offer you?
- A challenging job in a growing and technically innovative company.
- A competitive salary depending on experience.
- 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days per year.
- Possibility to exchange 3, 6 or 9 days ADV days for extra salary.
- Multidisciplinary and professional team.
Who are we?
Bollegraaf Recycling Solutions is internationally known as a leading producer of very large turnkey systems for the recycling industry. We have branches or agents in most European countries, North America, Australia and Asia and our machines can be found all over the world. For example, 80% of household waste in New York is processed by a Bollegraaf machine!
In Appingedam and Emmen, approximately 250 employees work continuously on our products. We have everything in-house, from R&D to production.
With our products we make a positive contribution to a sustainable world. Our systems can separate raw materials from waste thanks to innovative and high-quality techniques. You can imagine that we are in a growth market, after all, reuse and recycling are the basis of a circular economy that many governments (will) strive for.
Please send your resume and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a reply within a couple of days.